Australia take on Peru in their final World Cup Group C match in Sochi on Tuesday.
Where: Fisht Stadium, Sochi Capacity: 48,000
When: Tuesday June 26, 1600 local
Referee: To be announced
Key stats: Peru have been eliminated from the World Cup after losing 1-0 to Denmark and 1-0 to France.
* Australia, on one point after losing 2-1 to France and drawing Denmark 1-1, need to beat Peru and hope the already-qualified French can defeat the Danes to have hope of qualifying for the last 16.
* If Denmark and Australia end up with the same goal difference after their final matches, because they drew 1-1 the second spot behind France will be decided by fair play points.
Australia, with three yellow cards, currently have the edge in this respect on the Danes, who have four.
* Whichever of Australia and Denmark take the runners-up spot in the group, they will meet the winner of Group D in the Last 16.
Croatia currently hold top spot in Group D but Nigeria have a mathematical chance of displacing them.
* While Peru are still searching for their first goal, Australia are also looking for their first goal in open play. They have had to rely on a penalty from captain Mile Jedinak in each game, with both spot kicks awarded from handball.
* Australia are in their fifth World Cup campaign, and fourth in succession, but have reached the last 16 only once, at the 2006 finals in Germany. Reaching the last 16 at Russia was coach Bert van Marwijk’s baseline goal for the Socceroos.
The match will be the first ever meeting between Australia and Peru.