England play Panama in a World Cup Group G match on Sunday.
Where: Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod
When: Sunday June 24, 1400 local
Referee: To be announced
* England, joint top with Belgium in Group G, will be on the brink of qualifying for the Round of 16 if they beat Panama on Sunday. A disastrous campaign in 2014 saw them finish bottom of a group containing Costa Rica, Uruguay and Italy.
* Forward Dele Alli is a major doubt for the game after missing training on Thursday as he looks to recover from a thigh injury he picked up in England’s 2-1 win over Tunisia on Monday.
* England’s last-gasp win over Tunisia was the first time they won an opening game at the World Cup since 2006, where they beat Paraguay 1-0.
* The victory was also the first time in 10 World Cup games in which England scored two or more goals, since a 2-2 draw against Sweden in 2006.
* Harry Kane’s brace was the first by an Englishman at a World Cup since Gary Lineker dispatched two penalties in their 3-2 win over Cameroon in the quarter-finals in 1990.
* Panama suffered a 3-0 loss to Belgium in their first ever World Cup match, picking up five yellow cards – the most by a team in a World Cup game since the Netherlands in the final of the 2010 edition against Spain.
* Panama have no major injury concerns as coach Hernan Dario Gomez will look to prevent a first round exit.